- 1 Tbsp. dried or 3 Tbsp fresh culinary lavender
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (5-6 lemons)
- 4 cups water
- To make the simple syrup, simmer the sugar and water and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the lavender and remove from heat. Cover and let steep for 1 hour. Strain the lavender out and let mixture cool. (If you want a milder lavender taste, you can remove the lavender earlier)
- Next, mix lemon juice and water together and add the cooled simple syrup. Refrigerate and serve over ice.
- Note: this can easily be turned into a delicious cocktail with the addition of a little vodka!