Next OLA Meeting dates:
- February 18 2017 – RavenCroft: Info from USLGA Conference, Tips for 2017 Farm Tour and Festivals, OLA Products-Presentation on Selling/Pricing Products
- April 1, 2017 – Barn Owl Nursery: Members’ Product Fair, Destinations Guide distribution, OLA Product Distribution
- August 26, 2017 – Eagle Creek Lavender: Farm Tour and Festival Recap
- October 2017 – date and location to be determined
Contact OLA at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Oregon Lavender Association (OLA) was created in 2008 to promote lavender as a viable, thriving agribusiness in Oregon. The OLA is a non-profit organization whose primary goal is to support its members in their efforts to grow successful lavender – based businesses. Our membership consists of Pacific Northwest lavender farms, nurseries, lavender growers, suppliers and those who simply love lavender and want to learn more. The OLA promotes the value of lavender to the public. Each year the OLA hosts a statewide Oregon Lavender Event and promotes OLA members’ farms, events and businesses during the lavender season. The OLA also provides educational and marketing opportunities for its members throughout the year.
The Oregon Lavender Association (OLA) is a 501(c)(6) non-profit organization.
Our primary goals are:
- Promote lavender as a viable, thriving agri-business in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
- Encourage the general population’s interest in lavender and lavender by-products
- Educate the public about the beneficial properties and applications of lavender
- Promote the propagation of lavender and contribute to the body of knowledge regarding growing lavender
- Raise awareness through sponsoring an annual lavender festival and other events throughout the year
- Encourage a spirit of community and/or charitable giving
- Provide education and information to our members
- Raise awareness by sponsoring educational events available to the community
Members of our Pacific Northwest communities will recognize and appreciate both the value and the local availability of lavender and lavender based products and services.
The Oregon Lavender Association will:
- foster cooperation between its members.
- promote lavender cultivation and support lavender-based businesses in the Pacific Northwest.
- educate the public about the benefits and uses of lavender.
- provide opportunities for the public to experience the beauty of lavender in natural settings.
The Oregon Lavender Association believes in: